Royal Revolt 2: Genie & Master's forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second and third boost

+5
MogorManus
ann12
DH4L
Dena4
Karman
9 posters

Go down

Which should become our third constant boost?

Second and third boost I_vote_lcap60%Second and third boost I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
Second and third boost I_vote_lcap40%Second and third boost I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Second and third boost Empty Second and third boost

Post by Karman Wed 31 Aug 2016, 3:16 pm

As most of us remember, Jack decided to add a second permanent boost on the team to help us grow a bit, it was Power Archer, but recently it seems we don't even use that unit anymore, so maybe we should change that second boost to something we're actually using, and then I proposed using the Storm Cannon boost that we've already had for a while. Everyone who stated their opinion agreed, so I guess it's almost an already made decision, but maybe we also need to see what others have to say

And now, regarding another important topic... We've thought that maybe we're needing a third constant elite boost, because it seems we're all stuck at our current trophy count, another boost would help us grow some more. Just like the Storm Cannon idea, everyone who shared their opinion concured, but now here we can't decide which boost we should pick, some like Range Bomber while some others prefer Raging Wolf, and so here in our forum, in this topic we'll have a poll where we can all vote and then see which boost got the most votes and become that awaited boost.

By the way, we still need Jack to approve all of this too. For now, let the voting begin Very Happy
It would be good if everyone also commented what they chose. For me it's Range Bomber.

Last edited by Karman on Wed 31 Aug 2016, 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Karman
Karman

Back to top Go down

Second and third boost Empty Re: Second and third boost

Post by Dena4 Wed 31 Aug 2016, 4:31 pm

I think storm cannon is a great idea as second boost.

That is our second boost I guess. A third one must be on our mind. What kind of troop or tower you have problems with most when you raid that can be boosted? Raging wolf is no problem for me and boosted ogre also not. Boosted bomb tower can be fine but it depends on the members. Barricades could also be an option, since unboosted opponents lose time due to it.

So indeed, give your opinion here and let us know what kind of boost must be permanent.

I guess soon it's also time to upgrade the team to get more spots for members, but that is another topic later.
Dena4
Dena4

Back to top Go down

Post by Karman Wed 31 Aug 2016, 4:44 pm

That's also an option, if someone actually believes to prefer another boost more than those two on the poll, feel free to state it in the comments too.
Karman
Karman

Back to top Go down

Post by DH4L Wed 31 Aug 2016, 7:35 pm

Cannons and range bomb towers would be great to have full time !

DH4L

Back to top Go down

Post by ann12 Wed 31 Aug 2016, 10:46 pm

Cannon is great.

Bomb Tower helps in defense only, while a raging wolf can help in both. Boosted Orges are great too. Given that, we don't actually prefer 2 monsters in attack, then boosting orges will only help in defense for that bomb towers support is a must.

If we plan only offense, then ranging wolf is a great addition.
However, if plan a defense boost, ranging wolf + boosted Orges + bomb Towers. Guess this could be an option when we have tough wars.
ann12
ann12

Back to top Go down

Post by MogorManus Thu 01 Sep 2016, 9:31 am

Permanent boosted knights and cannons are appreciated by all i believe. They are sufficient for
all members up to about 4000-4200 trophies to win let's say 90% of their raids. We should do that.

But i (and probably more of our growing 4000+ trophy members) need more offensive power
for a growing class of bases seen at around 4200-4500+: the all boosted troops + ranged
bomber bases, combined with other high level towers (e.g. boosted wolf+ogre+cannons+arbs).
From my experience they are not beatable with only boosted knights and cannons. At least not
consistent and with gold gear (which is needed to get gold for the 10m+ upgrades).
I watched a lot of videos from oPelle and Flothaboss: it seems, all that is missing to beat these
and other high level bases is the boosted wolf.

Why do i want or need to beat these bases? It's the loot algorithm from Flare. Some weeks ago
i went to around 4800 trophies (we had good war boosts). Flare then rises your "hidden strength"
(a trophy number they think you should have, not the normal one in the rankings, that you can
"manipulate" as you wish). That meant: all bases below 4400 trophies gave me almost no gold,
only up to let's say 50k. That included the game generated gold (not taken from chamber/taverns),
but also the gold from the chamber: even when a king had 5+ millions of gold and was not raided
for some time, Flare only wanted to give me <50k from his chamber.
The only decent gold targets were (you guess it ;-) those suicidal overboosted 4500+ bases, i couldn't
beat, especially with gold gear.

I could lower my hidden strength to some degree (it's so slow) by opening my base, but the next war
is coming, so i guess the problem will arise again soon (i have to close my base for some days).

I write about defense in the next post and a suggestion to discuss in the last in this series Smile

MogorManus

Back to top Go down

Post by MogorManus Thu 01 Sep 2016, 9:31 am

On the defensive side my opinion is: the ranged bombers are great! As i face them myself often
i can tell you that ;-) The combination of boosted barricades, ranged bombers and storm cannons
will greatly rise our defense. No doubt. I even started maxing my bomb towers in advance to
have them ready, when we decide to boost them (working on the 5th currently).

Do we need them permanently? I think not. As with the barricades, we should activate the ranged
bombers in war seasons and let them run out off season to save alliance gold.
But what's with the gold i can save by having a better defense you can ask. Well, you don't save
gold after a short process of rising your trophies.

Let's say, currently you have 3000 trophies and 10% of your attackers (ranged about 2750 to 3250)
fail your base. Together with your own attacks your trophy count is balanced and stays at 3000.
With a better defense, more attackers of about 3000 trophies will fail your base. You will gain
more trophies than you lose. After some time you'll be at let's say 3500 trophies. Here your
attackers (by matchmaker) will have about 3500 trophies, which means they are stronger than the
ones before. So they won't fail your base so often and eventually you reach a balance as before,
where 10% of your attackers fail your base.
You now have the same situation as before: 90% of attackers get your gold and 10% don't. The
positive effect of the ranged bomber is gone. You are just some trophies higher.

There is a negative side, when you have higher trophies due to better defense and your offense
is staying the same: matchmaker now gives you harder bases to attack! As your offense stayed the
same, you will lose more often, resulting in less gold for your upgrades. But not only that:
the Flare loot algorithm adapts to your new trophy count and restricts the gold you can get from
bases lower than you. If you could get let's say 500k gold before boost from a player with 3000
trophies when you yourself had 3000 trophies, this will be lower now and the same player may only
give you 250k from now on.
If your offensive power is high enough to beat players with on average 500 more trophies, then you
are fine and the negative side doesn't affect you.

All trophy numbers should be seen as an example. I continue with a proposal in the next post Smile

MogorManus

Back to top Go down

Post by MogorManus Thu 01 Sep 2016, 9:33 am

As we have not unlimited alliance gold ressources, but want more boosts, i propose a mix of permanent
and "partially permanent" boosts. That way they become affordable and we can enjoy more of them.
It's not a question of deciding between wolf and bomb tower any more, we get them both Smile
We can implement a certain "boost model" for some time (2 months?) and then make adjustments if needed.

The details have to be discussed. I make a proposal to start with:

Permanent boosts: knights, cannons

During complete war season: barricades, bomb towers

During complete off season (that includes the ninja event): wolves

Note: a complete cycle should be around 14 days, the exact number is currently unknown. I use 14 for
the calculations ...

The above boost model costs us (if i counted right): 7.406m per day on average. Our max daily income
is about 11m. We have plenty of gold in stock to even out variations in our gold income.

What do you think about it? Let's try it! Smile

Current boost costs per day in alliance gold for my calculations:

Knight:      1.536m   (14 days in 14 day cycle needed)
Barricade:   1.152m   ( 5 days in 14 day cycle needed)
Bomb tower:  1.152m   ( 5 days in 14 day cycle needed)
Cannon:      3.072m   (14 days in 14 day cycle needed)
Wolf:        3.072m   ( 9 days in 14 day cycle needed)

MogorManus

Back to top Go down

Post by esit Thu 01 Sep 2016, 10:30 am

I like MogorManus's idea, except maybe wolf should be on 100%.

Even though defensive boosts are cheap, I think there is no point in getting barricades and range bombers on all the time. However, they should both be on during the war season (if we think it will be hard season).  We might even want to think of getting the ice spike traps boost during war season.  The only time we might want to think about getting defensive boosts in a non-war season is if we want to raise everyone's trophies in preparation for a ninja event.

If we are looking for a 3rd boost, wolf 100% (on and off season) makes more sense because wolf can help on both offense and defense.

esit

Back to top Go down

Post by Karman Thu 01 Sep 2016, 8:04 pm

I like Mogor's idea, but we have to see what Ed and Jack think about it.
Karman
Karman

Back to top Go down

Post by llywelynn Thu 01 Sep 2016, 8:20 pm

I do not have enough experience to give ideas, however, I do like Mogor's suggestion of an alternating schedule.

llywelynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dena4 Thu 01 Sep 2016, 9:36 pm

I like Mogor his idea, but let's first listen to other players.

Now we are only saving cash without a purpose. Having a gold reserve is great, but Mogor made a fantastic point here in this topic.

We all faced those problems and are still facing them.
Dena4
Dena4

Back to top Go down

Post by momo_cito Thu 01 Sep 2016, 9:47 pm

Mogor has a good point in mixing boosts between war season and off-season.  I also second esit's recommendation of having wolf boost on if possible.  We can always try it first to see if everyone likes it. Having the barricades and bomb towers expire after war season will enable us to use different boosts and conserve the team's gold.

Keep in mind that there are free war boosts that we can use with the boosted wolf so this can be very useful.  Especially when we need to do the dungeons.  king king king king
momo_cito
momo_cito

Back to top Go down

Post by Karman Thu 01 Sep 2016, 9:54 pm

It seems we have 5 votes for Mogor's idea (without counting himself), and I guess everyone will like it, I think we should start implementing it now Razz
Karman
Karman

Back to top Go down

Post by MogorManus Fri 02 Sep 2016, 9:18 am

If we can afford it, i also would like to have the wolf boost permanent Very Happy
The average daily gold needed would rise to about 8.5m with an income
of about 11m. Still seems doable Smile

Have a look at this recent video from oPelle: He uses exactly "our" combo
(boosted knight/cannon/wolf) with at least partly gold gear and is able to
successfully raid a high level base (overboosted):

MogorManus

Back to top Go down

Post by Karman Fri 02 Sep 2016, 11:03 am

I asked Pelle about that and he told me he uses that boosted combo Knight + Cannon + Wolf and they're very powerful, he says he just kills all xD
Karman
Karman

Back to top Go down

Post by MogorManus Fri 02 Sep 2016, 4:43 pm

I'm looking forward to that, especially the part with just killing all Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

MogorManus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dena4 Sat 03 Sep 2016, 1:56 am

Consider it done. After the season we can start boosting the wolf. Only... Is high scream required? If so, we need to search for scream perks.
Dena4
Dena4

Back to top Go down

Post by Karman Sat 03 Sep 2016, 11:49 am

Not sure, howl and scream's effect stack but that stack is almost meaningless, I suggest scream just to use when wolves' howls' effect is gone.
Karman
Karman

Back to top Go down

Post by MogorManus Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:23 pm

From what i read, scream may be needed to keep the wolf with your army,
otherwise he may walk into the distance and gets killed. We'll see ...

MogorManus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dena4 Tue 06 Sep 2016, 6:49 am

That's exactly what I meant Mogor, you need high scream to keep wolf near your army. And if I am correct, it needs to be 80%+ scream boost to keep the wolf with the troops.

At the moment I can get my scream boost up to 40% (melted down the others since we didn't use wolf boost) and I expect not many members to have high scream boost.

For only a few times boosted I definitely would not use wolf, another troop that helps plus survives would do better in that case.

An advice, start to forge life points of wolf, so that he survives and try to get some scream perks to keep wolf near the army.

When we win this season, I will also give boosted ogre during the ninja event. I think members deserve it and we can afford it.
Dena4
Dena4

Back to top Go down

Post by Shindoo Vodoo Sat 10 Sep 2016, 2:43 am

Wolf it should be...

Shindoo Vodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down